It’s not surprising to know that we all were using RCA connections with almost all devices such as DVD players, PlayStations, XBOX, VCRs, etc. for the display output. However, most people have now upgraded to better televisions, monitors, and even projectors that do not come with RCA support.
In that case, most of the RCA-supported devices are now obsolete. But, if you still wish to use them with your new generation television or computer monitor, you will need to use an RCA to HDMI Converter. That said, we have already shortlisted some of the best RCA to HDMI converters which you can consider buying, but make sure you keep the following factors in mind:
- Output Resolution: As the standard definition 4:3 480p resolution outputs are just a part of history, most RCA to HDMI converters are capable of offering you output in HD or Full HD resolutions. In fact, some converters even allow you to select the desired output resolution which is a great feature to have.
- Supported Formats: Depending on the device you are going to use the converter with, you must pick wisely and check all the supported formats beforehand. Generally, a converter should be compatible with formats like PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N, etc. to work optimally with all devices.
- Build Quality: Since most of these types of converters barely come with a warranty, you must be looking for the ones that have a good build quality. While some converters just have plastic housing, you will also find more robust options with metal housing which are more durable and will last longer.
Although picking an RCA to HDMI converter for your old devices is quite easy. Still, if you feel slightly confused, we will provide you with a simple and straightforward in this article below. That will help you know everything about the RCA to HDMI converters in brief so that it can become easier for you to make your final decision.
10. J-Tech Digital Premium Quality 1080P HDMI To HDMI + Audio (SPDIF + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter (JTDAT5CH)
This device extracts digital audio HDMI signal from HDMI input converting it to 5.1 channel audio output or 2 channel analogue stereo output. It also supports up to 1080p video resolution and 2.25Gbps/ 225MHz per channel bandwidth.
In addition, it supports, video EDID and HDCP pass through as well as 12bit per channel deep color. Moreover, it supports compressed and uncompressed audio as well as 3D video.
9. HDMI to RCA and HDMI Converter, HDMI to AV 3RCA and HDMI Adapter Support 1080P by Enbuer
It converts digital HDMI video signal to RCA and HDMI signal (stereo audio signal and composite video signal) simultaneously. You can therefore play HD players, PS3, Xbox 360, DVD recorders, VHS VCR and more devices on an old HDTV or analog TV. It also supports PAL and NTSC formats as well as 1080p high resolution.
Moreover, it is well sized, easy to use, flexible and portable. Furthermore, the metal shell is very strong with excellent heat dissipation.
8. HDMI to AV Converter, HDMI Converter to RCA, HDMI Video Audio Adapter to AV Converter by RuiPuo
The HDMI to RCA and AV converter connects various devices with HDMI output to old devices such as analogue TVs. It also supports two common standard formats: NTSC and PAL as well as 1080p resolution at 60Hz.
It is therefore suitable for HD-DVD, HDTV box, HD recorders, PS3, Xbox, Apple TV, Blu-Ray and HD cameras among others. However, you cannot use it with 4K devices.
7. HDMI to RCA, HDMI to RCA Converter Adapter, 1080P HDMI to AV 3RCA CVBs Composite Video Audio Supports NTSC for PC, Laptop, HDTV, DVD, VHC VCR
It is perfect for DVD players, TV sets, HDTV receivers, A/V receivers, projectors and other devices equipped with HDMI. It functions as one-way transmission signal and the conversion occurs at the RCA end.
In order for the cable to function, the devices must feature signal coding as well as decoding function. This is a high quality cable for enhanced performance and durability.
6. HDMI to RCA Cable Converts Digital HDMI Signal to Analog RCA/AV – Works w/TV/HDTV/Xbox 360/PC/DVD & More by eXuby
This quality Hdmi to Rca converter features an inbuilt converter hence you will not more spend money on other components. The cable is thick while the connectors are gold plated for superior performance and corrosion resistance.
In addition, the cable is 6.5 feet long thus enough for any setting. Moreover, it works with numerous devices conveniently connecting devices with HDMI outputs with devices with RCA inputs.
5. HDMI to RCA and HDMI Adapter Converter, HDMI to HDMI+3RCA CVBS AV Composite Video Audio Adapter by AOKEN
Transmit audio and video simultaneously without lag or loss with this Hdmi to Rca adapter that allows two outputs from one input. It also comes with a power adapter and a strong metal shell.
In addition, this adapter adopts scaler video processing hence automatically adjusts resolution ratio to fit the display. Moreover, it supports 1080p and 4K resolution.
Furthermore, it supports PAL and NTSC formats. It is therefore compatible with many devices for Hdmi and Rca conversion.
4. RCA to HDMI Converter, RCA to HDMI Cable, AV 3RCA CVBS Composite Audio Video to 1080P HDMI by Anber-Tech
The cable features an inbuilt Rca to Hdmi chipset hence you do not spend more money on other components. It has wide compatibility supporting PAL, NTSC and SECAM formats hence suitable for PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox, VCR, DVD player, and Wii among others.
Moreover, it is easy to set up since it is a plug and play device which you are not required to install any drivers before using the converter.
3. 1080P HDMI to RCA Adapter with HDMI Coupler for Any HDMI Streaming Devices, All-in-One HDMI to 3RCA Composite AV Video Converter by AuviPal
This quality all-in-one Hdmi to Rca converter eliminates the need to buy additional components such as Hdmi cable, Rca cable or HDMi coupler hence saves your money. It also comes with an inbuilt high-end chipset for stable signal transfer with no delay.
Moreover, the 6 ft long cable provides more positioning options. As well, it is compatible with many Hdmi and Rca devices besides being simple to install.
2. HDMI to Audio Video Converter, HDMI to RCA Converter for Amazon Fire Stick, HDMI to Older TV Adapter for Roku by Dingsun
Play high definition video and audio from Hdmi video/audio player on analog monitors and TVs with this high quality Hdmi to Rca converter. It supports 1080p as well as PAL and NTSC formats and is compatible with DVD, PS3, PC, Blu-Ray, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV and many other devices. It is also easy to use since you do not install any drivers and it is portable.
1. HDMI to RCA Converter, HDMI to AV 3RCA CVBs Composite Video Audio Converter Adapter Supports PAL/NTSC for TV Stick, Roku, Apple TV, PC, Laptop, Xbox, HDTV
This is an easy to use Hdmi to Rca converter that does not require installation of any drivers. Simply plug and play. It also features a bonded design that reduces tangles as well as keeps your space neat.
Moreover, the connectors are gold plated for stable and superior signal transfer. Furthermore, the cable can transmit video signals of up to 1024 x 768 resolution.
Get one of these top 10 best Hdmi to Rca converters in 2022 reviews and enjoy stable signal transfer between your devices. We have only included high quality converters that will give value for your money. These converters are also highly rated by current customers hence you can be sure you will have a great experience as well.
Buying Guide for the Best RCA to HDMI Converter
Almost everyone has an old device like a PS3/ STB/ Xbox VHS/ VCR/ Blue-Ray DVD Player, etc., at their homes which they want to use again and enjoy the time. However, since most modern TVs do not offer you the RCA connection ports, our old devices seem to be of no use.
Well, there’s still some hope as there are so many good RCA to HDMI converters available in the market that can help you connect your old devices to new TVs, monitors via HDMI. In case you are thinking of getting one for you, make sure to check for some essential features beforehand. And, that’s exactly what we will be explaining to you in this buying guide.
Since most of the modern-age televisions, monitors, and projector devices are capable of displaying high definition or even Full HD content, you should be using them to their full potential all the time. Almost all the RCA to HDMI converters that we have discussed so far are capable of upscaling the HDMI video output to up to 720p/1080p 60Hz resolutions. That said, even if your device sends the standard video output of 480×640 resolution, the converter must be good enough to upscale it to Full HD or at least HD resolution for a better visual experience.
The compatibility of the devices is a must to check before buying! However, in most cases, no matter what RCA to HDMI converter you pick, it will work with any device that offers an RCA video output. These converters are specially designed to work with devices like TV/ PC/ PS3/ STB/ Xbox VHS/ VCR/ Blue-Ray DVD Players Projector, etc. Thus, it really does not matter what device you want to use, if that offers an RCA output, any RCA to HDMI converter will convert it to an upscaled HDMI output by detecting the signals by itself.
Apart from using these converters for RCA to HDMI operation, you can even use them as AV to HDMI converters as well. That said, there are several types of source TV formats that are used across the world, such as PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/M, PAL/N. Depending on the one which you use, you should check if the RCA to HDMI converter has support for that particular format, and then make your final decision of purchasing.
Although most converters come in a very compact design and do not include any lengthy wires, there are some additional accessories that you will require to use properly. The most important thing that you will need with all the RCA to HDMI converters is an external power supply, i.e., a 5V 1A USB power adapter. On the other hand, most converters don’t come with an additional HDMI cable inside the box, so you will also have to buy one separately.