There is a wide range of laser levels for builders in the market at the moment. As a result, identifying the best can be quite overwhelming. Moreover, there are several factors to consider when choosing a laser level for building. To save your time and effort, we have done the heavy lifting and identified the top 10 products in this category. Below are the top 10 best laser levels for builders in 2022 reviews. As you read through the reviews, you will certainly find one that meets your requirements. Take a look!
10. Laser Level Cross-Line Laser with Plumb Dot, Huepar 622CG Green Beam Laser Level – 360-Degree Horizontal and Two Vertical Lines
It features two vertical lines that cross at 90° and a 360° horizontal one as well as a plumb point. It thus enables accurate coverage of the floor, ceiling, and walls. In addition, this is a multifunctional model that allows concurrent marking, alignment and levelling. It also comes with a smart pendulum system for smart leveling. Moreover, the pulse mode allows power saving function extending the battery life. Besides, this model comes with an easy to adjust and stable magnetic base with tripod.
9. Johnson Level & Tool 40-6502 Rotary Laser Level,
The Johnson Level and Tool laser level for builders emits a vertical and a horizontal plane with simultaneous 90° split beam. It is also extremely durable and very easy to use. In addition, it is quite versatile and can be used in construction work, concrete work, landscaping, and deck building among others. Additionally, it is equipped with a tripod mount base.
8. Topcon RL-H5A Self-Leveling Rotary Grade Laser Level
This is a multipurpose laser level machine that is useful during excavating, grading and general construction works. It also features IP66 rating hence can withstand sudden showers, heavy rainfall and dust. Electronic self-leveling on the other hand make the instrument very easy and precise to use. Besides, it can cover long ranges of up to 800 meters diameter with high accuracy. Furthermore, it comes with a carrying case and a sensor holder.
7. Topcon RL-H5B Self Leveling Horizontal Rotary Laser with Bonus EDEN Field Book| IP66 Rating
The instrument features long range operation of up to 400 meters diameter with high precision. It is also a self-leveling device making your work even easier. As well, it is equipped with a very powerful battery with up to 100 hours. Moreover, this multipurpose laser level has the IP66 rating that assures increased durability. This is because it can withstand sudden showers, heavy rainfall or dust in the job site.
6. Huepar 3D Green Beam Self-Leveling Laser Level 3×360 Cross Line Laser Three-Plane Leveling and Alignment Line Laser Level
It features two 360° vertical planes and one horizontal 360° plane. It therefore allows full coverage of the ceiling, walls and floor in any room. In addition, you can use lithium battery, alkaline batteries or electricity. Additionally, this is a multipurpose laser level for builders that features a smart pendulum system for self levelling. Besides, it features power saving pulse mode, long range coverage and high precision. Furthermore, it is IP54 rated hence dust and water resistant. As well, it comes with a strong magnetic mounting base.
5. OMMO Laser Level, 12 Lines Green Laser Level Self Leveling Tool, 150ft Green Line Laser Level Beam Tool with Two 360° Vertical and One 360° Horizontal Lines, Battery and Remote Controller Included
OMMO is known for high quality products. This is evident in this laser level. It features dual-laser system, long working range of up 150 feet and high accuracy. In addition, it has a smart pendulum system for self levelling and alerting when out-of level. Another outstanding feature is motorized plumb alignment that allows convenient beam adjustment. Equally, the unit is IP54 rated hence will last for many years.
4. Huepar 3D Green Beam Self-Leveling Laser Level 3×360 Cross Line Three-Plane Leveling and Alignment Laser Level Tool
The laser level instrument features three 360° full layout with one horizontal and two vertical planes. It is therefore easy to cover the ceiling, walls and floor around the room. In addition, this is a multipurpose tool that comes with a smart pendulum system for self levelling. Additionally, it emits bright green laser with a long range of up to 130 feet and high accuracy. On the other hand, outdoor pulse mode extends the range up to 200 feet. Moreover, it is equipped with a very powerful lithium ion battery and comes with a USB charging portal. Equally important, it is durable with IP54 rating.
3. Cross Line Laser Level with Plumb Spot, Self-Leveling, Includes Magnetic Mounting Clamp Klein Tools 93LCLS
This laser level for builders is a high performance unit with self-leveling and easy to read lines. It also features plumb spot lasers that pinpoint the overhead locations. In addition, it can project vertical and horizontal lines simultaneously or independently. Moreover, it assures years of service since it is shock, dust and water resistant. Additionally, it comes with a strong magnetic base and tripod mounting threads.
2. DEWALT DW089LG 12V MAX 3 X 360 Line Laser, Green
The tool features three 360° line lasers that ensure full room coverage. Another outstanding feature is green beam laser technology that is brighter than red beam laser. This model therefore allows greater range in interior and exterior applications with amazing accuracy. Moreover, it is quite durable since it can withstand water and debris. As well, it comes with a magnetic bracket for superb attachment to steel and metal track.
1. Spectra Precision Laser LL500 Exterior Self-Leveling Laser Level With HL700 Receiver
This self-levelling tool is designed for accurate long range measurements of up to 1600 feet working diameter. It therefore eliminates the need for multiple setups in a big job site. In addition, it is rugged and comes with a high quality case for increased durability. The kit also includes a rod clamp, and a HL700 receiver.
These are the top 10 best laser levels for builders in 2022 reviews. We have highlighted the main features of each tool to help you easily make an informed buying decision. Get one of these laser levels and experience the difference.
How To Use A Laser Level?
Setting Up The Laser Level
- One of the first things you need to do before you use your laser level is to set it up on a flat surface. It is best to use a tripod for this.
- For a manual level, make sure that the bubbles are in the middle (at the “level”). If not, turn the screws near the vial until you get level. Turn on the level and use.
- For a self-leveling laser, you will need a few seconds for it to level itself. Some units emit a blinking light if it is out of level. In this case, you’ll need to adjust the unit itself. Turn on the level and use.
- If there is no wall where the laser beam can reflect on, you can use a laser detector to find the beam. Check the manual to determine how the laser detector will signal “leveling”.
Hanging Pictures With Laser Level
- Determine your desired height for the picture frame.
- Put a small mark on the wall to serve as your reference point for the top most part of the frame.
- Turn on the laser level and align it horizontally with the mark on the wall. Make sure it is level.
- Now, get the picture frame and measure the length from the top of the frame to the hanging mechanism.
- Use the distance you get from #4 and measure from laser downwards.
- Make a mark on the wall, depending on how many frames you want to hang from the same location.
- Punch a nail at the mark you have made.
- Place the picture frames and check for alignment at the top using the laser. Set up the laser level on a tripod on stable ground.
Using Laser Level To Install Wall Tiles
In many homes, floor-to-ceiling heights are not always constant inside a room, so using the floor as a base for wall tiles may not always be a good idea.
You can get your first row of tiles in perfect position by doing the following steps:
- Identify a point on your wall, just a few inches off your wall. Make sure that the distance from the floor to this point is less than the height of a tile.
- Turn on your laser level and align the horizontal line to the point identified in step 1.
- Line up the end of a 2-inch-wide straight board with the laser line and screw the board to the wall.
- Rest the first row of your tiles on top of the board. This will make a perfectly level first row.
- Continue putting the tiles up to your desired height on the wall.
- Once all the tiles are securely installed, remove the baseboard.
- Custom-cut tiles for the bottom row so you can keep consistent grout lines.
Using Laser Levels To Install Ceiling Fixtures
Floors and ceilings typically have the same measurements, so if you are installing ceiling fixtures it is best to lay them out on the floor first and save yourself from a stiff neck.
- Mark the position of your ceiling fixtures on the floor.
- Put the laser on a tripod, and then turn it on.
- Line up the downward pointing beam to the center of the fixture marked on the floor.
- Use the upward pointing beam to mark the location on the floor.
- On the floor, measure the length from the beam to the points where the fixture will be attached.
- Mark the measurements found in #5 on the ceiling.
- Hold up the ceiling fixture and install.