When it comes to choosing the best grass-fed whey protein, we’re fortunate that there are several options available. While difficult to find quality a few years ago, many amazing offerings are now at our fingertips. However, who has time to sort through all the new brands and products to figure out which is best?
Should you be purchasing a grass fed whey protein isolate or a concentrate?
What is the major difference between the current products on the market? Is there such thing as a clean grass fed whey that also has flavor? We have researched, mixed, blended, shaken, and tasted every grass fed whey protein powder imaginable to determine exactly who makes the best grass fed whey so you know which products may work best to suit your individual needs.
Read through and choose the best for yourself.
10. Nutricost Whey Protein Concentrate (Vanilla) 5LBS
This is a synergistic blend of grass fed whey protein hydrolysate that contains 3Carb carbohydrate complex and MCT’s from coconut milk. The MCT’s from coconut milk offers an immediate fuel source that powers you through the hardest workouts. Also, the 3Carb carbohydrate complex assists your body to burn fats for energy. Moreover, it contains the quickest absorbing grass fed whey protein available on the market and needs less water to break down and absorb. Furthermore, it is all natural, non-GMO and gluten free thus safe.
9. NOW Sports Nutrition, Whey Protein Isolate, 25 g With BCAAs, Unflavored Powder, 5-Pound
It produces the vital amino acids for supporting growth, cellular repair, and glutathione production. Also, it is 100-percent pure, non-GMO, hormone free, and gluten free thus perfect for anyone. As well, it is a powerful amino-acid profile because it is cold processed from raw milk. Furthermore, it is very rich in whey protein fraction such as glycomacropeptides, sphingolipids, lactoperoxidase, lactolerrin, lactolerricin, and immunoglobulin. Moreover, it helps to curb cravings, increase energy levels build lean muscles, and supports a healthy immune response.
8. teraswhey Simply Pure Whey Protein, Plain 12 oz
This remarkable organic grass fed whey protein concentrate is made from 100% pure and natural ingredients and is gluten-free, non-GMO, hormone free, and many more. It is therefore perfect for building, toning, and cutting. Moreover, it versatile enough to utilize like a meal replacement, as nighttime protein, or post workout. It contains exceptional protein because it is made of exceptional ingredients.
7. Grass Fed Organic Whey Protein – Organic Plain Unsweetened 12 Ounce (340 Grams) Pwdr
This protein concentrate hydrates well in water and is absorbed well by your body thus you become healthier, faster, and stronger. It is the cleanest whey protein concentrate available on the market and a perfect protein choice for anybody. It therefore offers numerous benefits in areas such as general wellness, bone health, immune support, weight management, and sports nutrition. As well, it is made of 100% natural ingredients hence safe for nursing, pregnant and children. Importantly, it is available in five great flavors such as Strong Naturally Sweetened, Recover Vanilla, Recover Chocolate, Recover Chocolate, and Push Fruit Punch.
6. Amish Earth’s Whey Protein & FREE SAMPLES Grass Fed
The Amish Earth’s Whey Protein is made of 100% pure and natural ingredients thus non-GMO, hormone free, sugar free, allergen free and gluten free. It contains ingredients such as raw strawberries, vanilla bean, cold milled cacao and raw whey protein. Furthermore, it hydrates well in water and is absorbed well by your body thus you become healthier, quicker, and stronger.
5. teraswhey Grass Fed Organic Whey Protein, Plain, 12 Ounce
The teraswhey Grass Fed Organic Whey Protein is a powerful protein blend improved with 22 grams of grass fed whey protein, all 9 essential amino acids and 5.45 grams Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). Each serving offers 22g of premium quality protein from 100% pure grass fed whey protein isolate and concentrate. It is also great tasting, gluten free, non-GMO and contains 130 calories per serving. Additionally, it is perfect for building, toning, or cutting, and versatile to utilize as a post workout, meal replacement and as nighttime protein.
4. Nutricost Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate (Unflavored) 5LBS – rBGH Free, Non-GMO & Gluten Free
This 100-percent grass feed whey protein isolate is made in the United States of America. Each serving contains 23g of protein with 1g of sugar and zero fat. It will assist elevate and support your fitness and health goals. As well, it is perfect for building, toning, or cutting. Moreover, it is made from 100% pure and natural ingredients thus non-GMO, gluten free, hormone free and fat free. It is therefore very safe.
3. NOW Sports Nutrition, Whey Protein Concentrate, 24 g With BCAAs, Unflavored Powder, 1.5-Pound
This protein powder tastes very good with an incredible chocolate taste. It hydrates well in water and is absorbed well by your body thus you become healthier, faster, and stronger. Also, it is a remarkable protein choice for everyone, it gives several benefits in areas such as general wellness, bone health, immune support, weight management, and sports nutrition. Moreover, it is rich in BCAA’s, heart healthy Omega-3’s, as well as a remarkable source of immune boosting antioxidants.
2. NOW Sports Nutrition, Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Creamy Vanilla Powder, 1.2-Pound
It is sourced from premium quality grass fed cows hence powerful, more pure and cleaner whey protein that tastes great. As well, it contains all natural ingredients with zero additives, no added preservatives, flavors, colors, sweetness, sugar, non-GMO, hormone free, soy free, and gluten free. Furthermore, it is completely packed of amino acids and each serving offers 24g of protein, 2.5g of fat, 1g of carb and 122 calories.
1. Nutricost Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate (Unflavored) 5LBS – Undenatured, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Natural Flavors
This 100-percent pure and natural whey protein is sourced from cows that are grass fed year round. It is made from 100% pure and natural ingredients and is free of heavy metal, gluten, hormone, soy, and non-GMO. Also, it is rich in BCAA’s, heart healthy Omega-3’s, as well as a remarkable source of immune boosting antioxidants. In addition, it offers numerous benefits in areas such as general wellness, bone health, immune support, weight management, and many more.
The above are indeed the top 10 best organic grass fed whey protein concentrate in 2022 based on customer feedback and their amazing features. They are made from 100% pure and natural ingredients thus fit for all ages. We recommend that you can purchase any of the above high quality whey protein concentrate and enjoy the numerous benefits they offer.
Why add grass fed whey protein powder to your diet?
While whole foods rich in protein are ideal for health, they aren’t always practical or feasible with busy lives or if you are too fatigued to eat. That is why whey protein can be a big boon to health.
Grassfed whey protein powder can be an easy “whey” to fill in some gaps in your diets for amino acids like branch-chain amino acids, tryptophan, healthy fats like CLA, and L-carnitine for energy support.
Branch chain amino acids (BCAAs) are amino acids that are naturally found in grass-fed whey protein. Research shows that they help with improving muscle growth after resistance exercise.
And research shows that whey protein supplements can reverse muscle loss and frailty.
If you find yourself eating a lot of pasta and carbs, a protein powder may also help you with appetite control and also help you build lean tissue instead of fat tissue.
Caution: if you have a dairy allergy, you should choose a pea protein powder or another low-allergen type of organic protein powder, such as organic water lentils. Make sure to choose natural protein powders and avoid overly processed soy protein isolates with GMOs.
How is whey protein made?
Cow’s milk has two kinds of protein: casein and whey protein. How is whey protein made?
- Separation of milk: To separate casein and whey, milk is simply heated and then separated by enzymes.
- Saving all milk components: Whey protein is the by-product of cheese making so that none of the precious protein of milk is wasted.
- Cheese by-product-This is one of the reasons that whey protein concentrate is considered a type of sustainable food. It is a by-product of cheese making. Prior to the 1970’s it was tossed and considered waste!
How are Organic and Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powders Different?
Should you choose certified grass-fed whey protein powder or organic whey protein powder? Or bother spending more than conventional whey on either?
The differences between grass-fed whey protein and organic are clear because it is more beneficial for the ecosystem than standard whey. Additionally, grass fed cows have a higher concentration of healthy fats called CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid.
There are some other important distinctions to be aware of between grass-fed and organic whey protein.
- Grass-fed whey protein is the whey protein that comes from cows fed strictly on a natural diet of grass. Cows are meant to graze on grass and not eat in a feedlot with grains. Grass-fed beef is the healthiest beef.
- Certified grass-fed whey protein or 100% pure grassfed whey protein takes it a step further, requiring 100% grass as a sole source of nutrition.
- This is the “whey” nature intended because cows are fed a natural diet of grass.
- Organic whey protein-Chemical free because the cow’s milk comes from cows without the use of pesticides or herbicides. Organic does not necessarily mean that the cows are fed the best diet or most natural diet for their health. It will also be free of GMO sunflower lecithin and all GMO ingredients.
- Certified organic grass-fed whey protein powder is the type of whey protein that meets the strict criteria for certified organic and is also from verified sustainable cows. It is also hormone-free.