Motorcycle neck braces are designed to keeps your neck area supported during motorcycle racing and provides some protection caused by excessive head movement. To make it easy for you to get the ideal motorcycle neck braces, we have composed reviews of the top 10 best motorcycle neck braces in 2022. Take a look.
10. Leatt 5.5 Neck Brace Stealth Large/X-Large
It is effective to protect you against lateral hyper flexion, hyperextension, hyper flexion, and axial compression. It also features a specialized and professional design for motocross and motorcycle racing. As well, it is crafted using most responsible and serious workmanship for a cool look. Furthermore, it is made from environmentally friendly fabrics with no deformation and is easily washable.
9. RaceQuip 333003 Black 360 Degree Helmet Support
The motorcycle neck brace features complete round 360-degrees shape and 2-inch thick tapered wedge design for a comfortable fit. It is also made of premium density flame retardant foam that is covered with a woven FRC fabric for maximum protection and comfort. As well, it has Velcro closure for easy support and simple to utilize. Furthermore, it is available in blue, red and black thus you choose the color that you like.
8. Simpson Racing 23022BK Black SFI Approved Neck Collar
This amazing motorcycle neck brace keeps your neck area supported during motorcycle racing and provides some protection caused by excessive head movement. It is also made of high quality materials which offer maximum strength, stability and durability even in the most demanding conditions. As well, it is has a lightweight weight design which lessens fatigue for maximum neck and head protection.
7. EVS RC2 Youth Race Collar Off-Road/Dirt Bike Motorcycle Body Armor
It provides powerful protection against collarbone injuries and common neck injuries. It also features injected molded aerodynamic design for maximum protection and comfortable fit all the time. As well, it has a low profile and form fitted which reduces pressure and fatigue and offers a comfortable fit on your neck. Moreover, it has an epic which offers a plush contour molded bio-foam liner and rapid release positive locking buckles that have completely adjustable dry-suede straps.
6. EVS Sports 112046-0109 R2 Race Collar
The appliance assists prevent spinal injury in your neck area and is designed to lessen the possibility of the cervical spine overstretching in case of a fall. As well, it has a soft density core which is crafted from a PU foam base for energy dissipation for maximum comfort. It also has a washable outer ballistic nylon shell which is very simple to clean and take care of. Besides, it has very simple to utilize soft strap closure on the front.
5. Leatt DBX 6.5 Neck Brace (Carbon/White, Large/X-Large)
This is one of the best motorcycle neck braces you can buy. It features an ultra lightweight carbon Kevlar as well as fiberglass reinforced nylon chassis for enhanced rigidity. It provides superb support and extra impact protection, while the EVA padding and collarbone cutouts ensure maximum mobility and comfort. Also, it has new helmet rim striking platform profile and new on-board size adjusting with no parts required. In addition, it features simple in-built backward and forward adjustment that doesn’t need extra parts or tools.
4. EVS Sports Race Collar (White, Adult)
It has hard bio-foam liner that offers more impact absorption and rapid lock closure system for simple front entry. As well, it provides protection against collarbone and neck injuries. It also has a low profile design which makes it comfortable but highly protective. Besides, it has hard molded upper surface which dispenses energy to PU core for optimum comfort.
3. EVS Sports R4 Race Collar (Black, Adult)
This outstanding motorcycle neck brace has hard molded upper surface which dispenses energy to PU core for optimum comfort. It has hard bio-foam liner that offers more impact absorption and rapid lock closure system for simple front entry. Also, it provides protection against collarbone and neck injuries. Moreover, it has a low profile design which makes it comfortable but highly protective.
2. Leatt Brace GPX 3.5 Neck Brace-White-L/XL
The neck brace is developed and designed to specially fit youth riders and is highly suitable for snowboarding, skiing, skating, cycling, motorcycle, and many more. As well, its back plate is crafted of carbon fiber to enhanced back protection. It also has impact resistant injection molded polymer frame which is stable in various temperatures. Additionally, it avoids hyper-flexion injuries for maximum protection. Besides, its underside has ultra lightweight EVA foam for impact distribution and comfort.
1. Leatt GPX 6.5 Neck Brace (Carbon/Black, Large/X-Large)
It is made from new MaxiWeave carbon matrix for enhanced rigidity and lower weight. It is also very lightweight, weighing only 600 grams but still very rigid without flex for maximum comfort. As well, it features new helmet rim striking platform profile and new enhanced helmet side clearance. Moreover, it features simple in-built backward and forward adjustment that doesn’t need extra parts or tools.
You should choose and purchase any of the above top 10 best motorcycle neck braces in 2022 and experience enhanced protection. They are also are made of high quality materials which offer maximum protection yet highly comfortable. Besides, they are ultra-lightweight which lessens fatigue for a comfortable wearing experience.
Benefits of Motocross Neck Braces
- Safety. In a nasty crash, the rider’s head and neck are extremely vulnerable to injury. A neck brace helps to limit the head’s mobility and redirect force from the neck onto other areas of the body.
- Confidence. Knowing that you’re protecting yourself against catastrophe can provide a boost in confidence. While wearing a neckbrace doesn’t make you bulletproof, it can give you the reassurance to push yourself a little harder and become a better rider.
- Style. There’s no denying that motocross gear looks cool. The flashy colors on the helmets, gloves, and other protective gear look great and draw attention from onlookers. Neck braces can add a little extra style to your gear.
Types of Motocross Neck Braces
If you decide to wear neck protection while dirt biking, you should wear it in conjunction with a chest protector. The advantage is that if you wear it in conjunction with the chest protector, forces can be distributed across the body even better than with a brace alone. There are chest protectors on the market that come with integrated neck protectors and braces. This minimizes the amount of extra gear you’ll have to carry and suit up with.
Just as the name suggests, stand-alone neck braces come separate from chest protectors and can be worn without one. Not everyone is sold on the amount of protection a chest protector provides, so not everyone wears one. If you choose to forego a chest rig but still want to protect your neck, a stand-alone neck brace is a way to go.
- Weight: If you’re caught between a few neck braces and don’t know which one to choose, consider making your decision based on weight. If all the braces fit the same and are comfortable, you’ll prefer a lightweight brace that you can forget you’re even wearing. Materials like Koroyd are now being used to cut back on weight but still offer optimal protection.
- Ease of Fitting and Removal: After a long day of riding through dirt and mud, you want gear that’s easy to take off. Choose a neck brace that is easy to manipulate, both gloved and ungloved. If your neck brace is a challenge to put on and take off, you’ll inevitably stop wearing it on your rides.
You may also want to read about top 10 best motorcycle covers for outside storage in 2022 reviews.