The best smart locks can provide a measure of security that you can’t find with a traditional door lock. If, for example, you’re going out of town, rather than creating a spare key to hand to your neighbor — which can get lost or stolen — you can give them a virtual, digital key that they can use to unlock your door.
With a virtual key, you can create a schedule for when it will work, and get an alert any time it’s used. So, if you have a dog walker or caregiver, you can be assured that they can only get in when you want them there.
Did you ever leave the house and forget if you locked your door? A smart lock can help with that, too. Not only can you program it to lock automatically when you leave, but you can also lock it remotely from wherever you happen to be.
Have a look at these top 10 best smart locks for home in 2022 reviews and buy the one that you like the most.
10. Kwikset 92640-001 Contemporary Electronic Keypad Single Cylinder Deadbolt with 1-Touch Motorized Locking
It is great for use on exterior doors where security and keyed entry is required with customizable auto door locking after just ten seconds. It also has six customizable user codes and temporary codes thus ideal for service personnel and visitors. Besides, it has a single cylinder electronic deadbolt that is operated by key or keypad outside as well as thumb turn inside. Furthermore, it is very simple to install using a screwdriver and includes an easy to adjust latch to perfectly fit any standard door preparation.
• Easy to install with only one screwdriver and allows keyless entry
• Six customizable user access codes and temporary codes
• Auto door locking gives you peace of mind
9. Kwikset 99380-001 Halo Wi-Fi Smart Lock Keyless Entry Electronic Keypad Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel
Kwikset Halo smart lock is a Wi-Fi connected door lock that connects directly to your home Wi-Fi network and smartphone for a secure smart home that does not require a third party smart home hub, panel or subscription. Additionally, it creates up to 250 unique user codes for friends, family, or guests that you can disable, or delete from the Kwikset app.
You also receive notifications of your lock’s activity and view the lock event history from your smartphone using the Kwikset app.
• Very simple to install and compatible with smartphone through Bluetooth
• Easy to create and share temporary access codes with friends or guests
• Keyless operation for convenient locking and unlocking
• Automatically locks the door after a certain time interval
8. Yale Assure Lock SL – Key-Free Touchscreen Door Lock in Satin Nickel
This high quality smart lock for home locks and unlocks your home with keypad, smartphone or mechanical key. As well, both the back and front panel are crafted of zinc alloy which is anti-impact and great for harsh environments. It also enhances safety and security with an automatic-lock time period of between 5 and 20 seconds and an inbuilt alarm speaker for any unusual entry. Moreover, it allows you to create temporary codes for employees, housekeepers, visitors, or guests.
• Allows keypad, mechanical key or smartphone locking and unlocking
• Premium construction for long lasting usefulness
• Automatic lock time period locks the door within two minutes
• Allows settings of temporary access codes for visitors or employees
7. Smart Door Lock with Keypad, Keyless Entry Home with Your Smartphone, Bluetooth Digital Smart Deadbolt Door Lock
Its back and front panels are crafted of zinc alloy thus anti-impact and great for tough environments. As well, it can be locked or unlocked with mechanical key, keypad, and smartphone. It also allows you to create temporary codes for your employees, housekeepers, visitors, or guests. In addition, it locks automatically thus keeps your home safe and will be automatically locked for five minutes if you enter an incorrect passcode five times. Furthermore, it features simple do-it-yourself installation and supports smart reminder hence will remind you when the battery is running low.
• WiFi bridge compatible for remote locking and unlocking
• Premium construction increases reliability and lifespan
• Allows creation of temporary access codes for guests or house keepers
• Automatic locking behind you while you leave increases home security
6. Kwikset 99390-001 Halo Wi-Fi Smart Lock Keyless Entry Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel
It allows you to control as well as monitor from anywhere using your smartphone. As well, it works with Alexa thus offers notifications when the battery is running low. It is also equipped with a door sense which tells you if the door is securely locked and closed. Additionally, it simply attaches to existing deadbolt thus allows you to keep your existing keys and lock. Besides, it features simple do-it-yourself installation and locks and unlocks automatically.
• Monitor and control the door using your phone from anywhere
• Door Sense tells you if the door is securely locked
• 24/7 activity feed tracks who is going or coming in
• Attaches to existing door deadbolt easily
5. August Wi-Fi, (4th Generation) Smart Lock – Fits Your Existing Deadbolt in Minutes, Silver
This is amongst the best smart locks for home currently on the market. You can easily lock and unlock your door from your smartphone and you can check door status to see who came or left your home. Also, it features backup keys thus you can lock or unlock your door by just a press of the button. Moreover, it features simple do-it-yourself installation and designed to work with any single cylinder deadbolt.
• Allows locking or unlocking the door through Voice Command
• Mobile phone app for locking, unlocking and monitoring entry/exit from your home
• Very easy to install in the existing lockset
4. August Smart Lock + Connect Wi-Fi Brige, Satin Nickel, Works with Alexa.
It offers keyless access and keeps track of who came or left from the mobile App. It also easily attaches to the existing deadbolt thus you keep your existing keys and lock. As well, it features simple do-it-yourself installation and equipped with a door sensor which tells you if the door is closed securely or left opened. Additionally, it unlocks automatically as you approach the door thus you won’t fumble for bags, shopping, or keys.
• Mobile app control and monitoring increases convenience
• Very simple to install on the existing deadbolt inside the door
• Automatically unlocks as you arrive allowing hassle-free access
3. ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Pro Bluetooth Fingerprint and Keypad Electronic Smart Deadbolt Door Lock + WiFi Bridge Adaptor
This high quality smart lock for home allows you to unlock it anytime remotely to let service people, guests and friends in. It also features fingerprint, smartphone, anti-peep keypad, auto unlock, mechanical key, and shake to open technologies. As well, it has voice control with Google Assistant and Alexa and perfectly works with IFTTT. Furthermore, it automatically locks when you leave and unlocks as you approach for added convenience.
• Remotely unlock the door through your smartphone
• Locks automatically when you leave home and unlocks automatically when you approach
• Voice control with Google Assistant or Alexa gives extra convenience
• Easy to create and grant temporary access rights
2. Kwikset 98880-005 SmartCode 888 Smart Lock Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock
The kit allows you to utilize your phone to lock or unlock the door anytime, from anywhere thus very simple to use and operate. It also features Home Connect Technology which allows you to expand your home security system for optimum safety and protection. As well, it supports up to 30 programmable access codes for your guests and family. Besides, it allows you to get smart notifications when somebody unlocks or locks the door.
• Lock or unlock the door remotely using your smartphone
• Home Connect Technology expands your security system
• Very easy to install and fits most standard door preparations
1. Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim in Aged Bronze (BE489WB CAM 716)
It features an inbuilt Wi-Fi which lets you to lock or unlock your door from anywhere with no extra accessories needed. It also perfectly works with Alexa which allows you to know when the battery is running low or even set up smart reorders via Amazon Dash Replenishment. As well, it features fingerprint-resistant capacitive touchscreen that has simple one-touch locking. Moreover, it has an in-built alarm technology which senses potential security breaches for maximum safety.
• Inbuilt Wi-Fi allows remote locking and unlocking
• Fingerprint resistant with premium construction for long lasting use
• Inbuilt alarm technology alerts you in case of potential security breaches
• Very simple to install and fits most standard doors
You should choose and purchase any of the above top 10 best smart locks for home and increase the security at your home. They are designed to be very simple to lock and unlock from anywhere to let visitors, guest and service personal into your home. They are also designed to lock automatically and unlock automatically as you approach. Moreover, they are made from high quality materials for optimum stability, strength and durability. These smart locks are therefore highly recommended. Get one today!
What to look for when buying a smart lock
When shopping for a smart lock, there are a few factors to consider.
Lock Type: Smart locks come in two types: deadbolt and lever-style. The former is designed to replace your existing deadbolt, while the latter has the lock and door-opening lever in one. Deadbolts are the most popular, but lever locks are becoming more common.
Design: Your smart lock should blend in with your home decor. Most locks are available in a variety of styles and finishes, such as brass, silver, and bronze.
Security: Smart locks offer one or more means of entry, so it’s up to you to decide what you prefer.
- Keys: Just like a traditional lock, some smart locks have a traditional keyhole. Some can even be re-keyed, to make it easier to transition.
- Keypads: The most common entry method; most smart locks will let you create and manage dozens, if not hundreds of keycodes.
- Virtual keys: This lets you send a virtual code to people, who can use the smart lock app on their phone to unlock your door. You can manage when these codes are active.
- Fingerprint reader: Some smart locks now have fingerprint readers, so you no longer need to remember a code or your keys; just press your finger against the reader to gain entry.
Connectivity: In order to control and monitor a smart lock remotely, you have to connect it to your home network. This can be done in one of several ways. Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Bluetooth are the most popular radios built into smart locks, as they require little power. However, these models require a hub or bridge of some kind if you wan to monitor the lock remotely. One of the best sart home hubs, such as the Samsung SmartThings, Amazon Echo, or Apple HomePod mini, will help you do this, but you should make sure the hub is compatible with the lock.
Increasingly, more and more smart locks have Wi-Fi built in, which makes connecting them to your home network easier. However, this may mean that you’ll have to change their batteries more frequently.
Smart home compatibility: The better smart locks should be able to work with Alexa, Google Assistant, and HomeKit, which allows you to tie them in to other smart home devices. So, for example, if you say “Siri, Goodnight,” Apple’s assistant will turn off your lights and lock your doors automatically. If you have a home security system, you can also connect some locks to it, so that they’ll automatically lock when you leave home.
You may also want to read about top 10 best home air compressors in 2022 reviews.